Whether we like it or not, summer is quickly approaching. I might just be speaking for myself here, but I have taken great comfort in the fact that all of my swim suits and shorts have been tucked WAY under my bed all winter. Spring break was a very cruel reminder that I have been avoiding the gym like the plague.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not really about body image or anything like that. In all honesty, I can’t afford to buy new bathing suits or shorts, so unfortunately that means I need to get myself in gear, or my wallet will (quite literally) pay the price.
Considering it was about 73 degrees yesterday in Knoxville, I decided to start my endeavor into healthier habits. I went on a “run” (mostly a jog with a lot of walking involved). I’d like to take a moment to remind you all that I cannot remember the last time I “ran”. I played varsity field hockey in high school, so i’m really not sure what happened…
I thought it might be fun to share with you all the thoughts that were going through my head as I decided to run for the first time in a VERY long time.
- Its so nice out, this is a great idea. I am just so smart, I will be summer ready in no time!
- Okay..Alright… breathing is getting a little heavy over here.
- I probably should have put together a running playlist so I could’ve avoided running to the beat of “My Heart Will Go On”.
- Okay, I’ve been going pretty fast I can take a break.*10 minutes of walking*
- Oh shoot, fit people are running towards me, I better start running again so they don’t make fun of me.
- How do people run for fun? I think I must just be doing it wrong..actually I bet they’re all lying.
- Ouch, Ouch, Ouch- why are my ankles shattering beneath me.
- When are those endorphin things supposed to kick in? What if I don’t have any? Ugh.
- Turning around now…or maybe one of my roommates could come pick me up…
- Okay fine I guess I’m running ALL the way back.
- I’M NOT CUT OUT FOR THIS FIT LIFESTYLE
- A little bit of love handles never hurt nobody..
- NO. I will pull myself together and my muffin top will be GONE.
- …I could really go for a muffin right now.
- I see my house! SPRINT SPRINT SPRINT
- Aaaaaand that was a horrible idea, back to jogging.
- Almost there…dying….dead…
- Oh couch, how I have missed you!
- *eats everything in fridge*
- *Passes out for 3 hours*